Southwest Fire Academy has created these Terms, which apply to your use of www.southwestfireacademy.ca and to sales transactions made through the website. It also applies to your access of text, images, graphics software, audio files, videos, trademarks, and any other logos, information, or content available through the website. These items are property of Southwest Fire Academy and are not to be copied, duplicated, or utilized in any way without the explicit consent of Southwest Fire Academy. Your use of the website and purchase of any products, services, or courses, is conditioned on your acceptance of these Terms. By using the Southwest Fire Academy website, you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not accept these Terms, you should immediately exit the website and discontinue your use of the content. We reserve the right to revise these terms by posting updates at any time, without any further notice to you.
The Southwest Fire Academy website may contain links to websites other than those operated by Southwest Fire Academy. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for the content, products, services, or information they provide. Your use of third party websites is governed by the Terms of the third party.
Registrations are not finalized until payment is effectively processed.
Applicants are responsible to ensure all prerequisites and pre-class work for courses are complete prior to attending the course. When you register for your course, you are consenting that you have the required prerequisites. Participants who attend a course without the appropriate prerequisite or pre-class work completed will be asked to leave the course, and no refund will be issued.
Course fees must be paid in full, prior to the first day of your program. Exceptions may be made for departments or organizations who have set up prior billing accounts or have made other arrangements with Southwest Fire Academy. All courses are subject to Harmonized Sales Tax. All course fees listed online do not include the applicable HST.
If Southwest Fire Academy cancels a course for any reason, the registered student shall have the choice of a refund of the amount of monies paid or a credit towards another course.
Please review SFA Policy 400-001 Student Refunds – Rebooking Fees (Pre-Service Course) and SFA Policy 400-010 Student Refunds – Rebooking Fees – Non-Vocational Courses (below) for the Southwest Fire Academy refund policies.
While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, Southwest Fire Academy has the right to modify any program, course, location, timetable, or fee without prior notice. Southwest Fire Academy reserves the right to cancel a course because of insufficient registrations or for other budgetary reasons. In the event Southwest Fire Academy exercises such a right, Southwest Fire Academy’s sole liability will be the credit of any monies paid to the applicant, if applicable.
- SFA Training Safety Plan
- MOU – OFMEM Pre-Service Firefighter Program
- MOU – OFMEM Additional Approved Programs
- SFA Policy 000-002 – Course and Student Records
- SFA Policy 000-003 NFPA 1002 Driver License Verification
- SFA Policy 100-001 Health and Safety Policy
- SFA Policy 400-001 Student Refunds – Rebooking Fees (Pre-Service Course)
- SFA Policy 400-004 Use of Personal Information
- SFA Policy 400-005 Student Complaint Procedure
- SFA Policy 400-006 Student Expulsion Policy
- SFA Policy 400-007 Statement of Student Rights and Responsibilities (Private Career Colleges)
- SFA Policy 400-008 Student Grade Release
- SFA Policy 400-009 Volunteer NFPA 1001 OFMEM Certification
- SFA Policy 400-010 Student Refunds – Rebooking Fees – Non-Vocational Courses
- SFA Policy 600-001 Violence, Sexual Violence, and Harassment Policy
- SFA Policy 600-002 Alternative Admission Test – PCC
- SFA Policy 600-003 Non-Discrimination Policy
- SFA Policy 600-004 Student Accommodations and Access to Testing
- SFA Policy 600-006 Advisory Board
- SFA Policy 600-007 Student Appeals