Southwest Fire Academy is a registered Private Career College with the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and as such, all of our students are eligible to apply for financial assistance.
Southwest Fire Academy offers in-house financing for our Pre-Service Firefighter program. The financing plan is 25% down payment followed by four equal monthly payments. There is a $200.00 administration fee added to the deposit for this program.
Southwest Fire Academy provides training bundles in addition to our Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities approved Firefighter Level I and II program. Our Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum packages ensure that you are the best candidate applying for the position! Bundles require a down payment of $3000.00 and the remaining amount is financed over 23 months, interest free and the administration fee is waived.
Southwest Fire Academy programs are eligible for second career funding and RESP's. Our registrations department works with the student and the account manager directly to get access to these funds.
To iquire about financial assistance please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 519-582-0999.
The Private Career Colleges Act 2005 requires mature students who do not have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent to pass an entrance test approved by the Superintendent of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Southwest Fire Academy uses the Reading Arithmetic Index (RAI) as its approved test.
The minimum entrance requirements for admission to a Southwest Fire Academy vocational program is:
- Students have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or
- Students are 18 years of age or older and pass a qualifying test that has been approved by the Superintendent:
- The approved qualifying test used by Southwest Fire Academy is Reading Arithmetic Index (RAI).
- The test can be taken at the Southwest Fire Academy Campus.
- The testing fee is $35.00 CAD.
- Any student who successfully completes the Reading Arithmetic Index (RAI) and enrolls in a Southwest Fire Academy vocational program shall have the cost of the test deducted from their tuition fees.
- Approved Ontario Secondary School Diploma equivalents are:
- A secondary school graduation diploma from another Canadian province or territory or from the United States.
- A General Education Development (GED) certificate issued by a Canadian province or territory or from the United States.
- A transcript, diploma or certificate from another country, assessed at an Ontario OSSD level by a recognized assessment service.
- A Canadian or U.S. postsecondary diploma or degree.
- A non-Canadian postsecondary diploma or degree that has been assessed as equivalent to a Canadian postsecondary diploma or degree by a recognized assessment service.
- A certificate of completion for an academic upgrading program from any Canadian jurisdiction that is accepted by an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology for entry into an Ontario postsecondary program
- A Certificate of Apprenticeship or Certificate of Qualification in any trade from any Canadian jurisdiction
For more information or to book a testing session, please contact email@example.com .