VOLUNTEER NFPA 1001 FIREFIGHTER
(Sat Jan 18, 2020 - Sun Jun 28, 2020)
Course Name – SFA NFPA 1001(17) Volunteer Firefighter Recruit Training Program
300 Hours of Online Interactive Pre-Class Training
12 Days or 96 Hours of Practical Instruction
2 Days or 16 hours of OFMEM Certification Testing for:
- NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level I
- NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level II
- NFPA 1072 HAZMAT Awareness
- NFPA 1072 HAZMAT Operations
NOTE – Students must be on a fire department and their Fire Chief must sign them in for OFMEM IFSAC / ProBoard Certification Testing. SFA can’t sign any student into OFMEM IFSAC / ProBoard testing sessions.
This course is designed to provide the initial recruit training for recently hired volunteer or part-time firefighters. Training will include online course work and 12 days of practical training. The course will run one weekend a month for 6 consecutive months.
Candidates will experience training sessions as well as they will run several scenarios based on actual calls that our instructors have experienced!
- Student to Instructor Ratio of 5:1 for all Increased Hazard Exposure Training
- Southwest Fire Academy will provide all instructors
- Training can be conducted at your station or at SFA Campus
- Rental PPE and/or SCBA is available if required
- Dorm facilities on site at SFA campus are available if required
SFA can deliver this course in a host department if local training is desired. A custom quote for training can be requested by contacting us. If you have any question or would like to schedule a campus visit, please don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com or call us at (519) 582-0999.
What to Bring to Class:
- A safety-first attitude and open mind
- CSA approved footwear (steel toe)
- Camera – we encourage you take pictures
- Station work wear
Starts:Jan 18, 2020 8:00 AMEnds:Jun 28, 2020 5:00 PMCapacity:24Cost:$2495.00Location:SFA Campus
- Access to SFA PPE and equipment (rental fee applies for PPE and SCBA)
- Complete electronic JPR package (SFA retains all original documentation)
- Certificate of qualification