NFPA 1001 FIREFIGHTER 1&2
(Tue Jan 1, 2019 - Tue Dec 31, 2019)
**This is an open enrollment program. Sign up any time and get started.**
Not sure if your ready to take the leap? Check out our Edge Program: SFA EDGE PROGRAM
Southwest Fire Academy offers an NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level I&II training program that is approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. At the end of the program, the successful student will participate in testing provided by the Ontario Fire Marshal and Emergency Management Office for IFSAC certification in:
· NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level I
· NFPA 1001 Firefighter Level II
· NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Awareness
· NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Operations
In order to be eligible to write the OFMEM certification testing you must have a valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level HCP. SFA offers several first aid / cpr courses throughout the year.
Our course is broken down into two components:
1. Classroom / Computer based learning at the SFA Campus - This component can be done on your schedule. We have instructors available throughout the week and weekends.
2. Firefighter boot camp - During your two week boot camp you will be training, working and living with fellow students in a fire station environment. In addition to training, students will be expected to respond to mock emergencies at any moment, day or night.
Bootcamp dates for 2019:
May 17-June 1
Classroom / Computer Based Learning:
Upon enrollment, students will be mailed the IFSTA Essentials of Firefighting 6th edition and student workbook as well as the IFSTA Hazardous Materials for First Responders text book and workbook. On your first day at the school you will be provided with access to the IFSTA enhanced learning package which is a computer based learning aid that will help you complete the workbook and chapter quizzes. We will also have SFA instructors on site to assist if you have any questions. When you have completed part one of the program you are eligible to attend the firefighter boot camp.
Firefighter Boot Camp:
Students will live and work together and the only way to succeed is to embrace the team atmosphere. Although challenging, the experience and friendships you will create will last a lifetime!
Throughout the program, you will have access and use the best firefighting, rescue equipment and PPE available on the market today. You will arrive on a Friday evening and participate in a meet and greet and orientation to the boot camp. Each day of the boot camp you will generally follow the same schedule:
0530 – 0630 – Physical Training
0630 – 0745 – Showers, Breakfast, Dorm Inspections
0800 – 0900 – Daily Exam / Daily Safety Briefing
0900 – 1200 – Classroom / Practical Training
1200 – 1300 – Lunch
1300 – 1600 – Classroom / Practical Training
1600 – 1700 – Individual Study / Station Duties
1700 – 1800 – Supper
1800 – 2200 – Individual Study / Group Work / Optional Training
2200 – 0530 – Lights Out / Individual Study / Emergency Response Simulations
Cost of the program includes:
· Meals and Snacks during Boot Camp
· Equipment and Training Props
· Text Books and Computer Access
· PPE and SCBA Rental - Not including Fire Fighting Gloves (you can purchase through us $119 or buy elsewhere - but they must meet NFPA 1971 standard)
· All Expendable Materials
· OFMEM Testing Fees
Optional Student PPE Plan $435.00:
· Helmet and Visor
· Firefighting Gloves
· Fire Hood
This is your gear to keep. It is issued to you when you arrive for your 115 hours!
Payment Plans are Available
- 25% down payment due upon registering, remaining money is divided into 4 equal payments due 1 month from the date of your downpayment.
Example - June 1 Registration (25% + financing fee), July 1 - payment due, August 1 - payment due, Sept 1 - payment due, Oct 1 - final payment due
There is a one time non-refundable financing fee of $200.00 added to the deposit payment if you select the SFA payment plan
Full payment is required before the start of boot camp.
Southwest Fire Academy also offers several other programs that can help you stand out from the other candidates applying for the greatest career in the world. Consider some of our other programs, each alumni student is eligible for a 10% discount for any other training that you take at Southwest Fire Academy.
If you have any questions or would like to talk to our staff please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 519-582-0999.Starts:Jan 1, 2019 6:00 PMEnds:Dec 31, 2019 5:00 PMCapacity:25Cost:$6995.00Location:SFA Campus