Quick links to downloads of important policies for students attending courses at Southwest Fire Academy:
- Policy Intent and Application
- Course and Student Records
- Driver License Confirmation for NFPA 1002
- Health and Safety Policy
- Student Refunds - Rebooking Fees
- Student Enrolment Contract - Vocational
- Student Enrolment Contract - Non-Vocational
- Use of Personal Information
- Student Complain Procedure
- Student Expulsion Policy
- Statement of Students' Rights and Responsibilities
- Student Grade Release
- OFMEM Certification Testing for Volunteer Firefighters
- Student Refunds - Rebooking Fees - Non-Voc
- Staff Uniform Policy
- Violence and Harassment Policy
- Alternative Admission Test - PCC
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Student Accommodations and Access to Testing
- Advisory Board
- Student Appeals
- Test Instrument Security
- Evaluators and Proctors
- Program Review
Please register online in the in the training section. Class joining instructions and pre-course materials will be emailed to you immediately upon registration. If you require text books or rental gear please go to the online store to order after you complete the online registration.
If you have any questions about your level of preparedness for your course please contact SFA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are responsible to ensure all prerequisites and pre-class work for courses are complete prior to attending the course. Participants who attend the course without the appropriate prerequisite or pre-class work completed will be asked to leave the course and no refund will be given.
Course fees must be paid in full prior to the course and can be paid by Visa, MasterCard, Interac, Cash, e-transfer or Cheque. Exception is made for departments who have set up prior billing accounts with the Southwest Fire Academy. Contact email@example.com or call 519-582-0999 to discuss financial assistance.
Harmonized Sales Tax is charged on all courses applicable. All course fees listed do not include the applicable HST.
Full refund in the form of training credit will be issued if the course is cancelled because of insufficient registrations.
While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, the Southwest Fire Academy has the right to modify any program, course, location, timetable, or fee without prior notice. The Southwest Fire Academy reserves the right to cancel a course because of insufficient registrations or for other budgetary reasons in the event the Southwest Fire Academy exercises such a right, the Southwest Fire Academy sole liability will be the credit of any monies paid, if applicable by the applicant.